• The 4 elected County Commissioners represent their individual precincts, and are presided over by The Hays County Judge.
• The County “Judge” is not really a judge at all, (which is confusing.)
• Think of the County Judge as the person elected to oversee all Commissioner Precincts and their elected representatives.
• Of the 4 Precincts, only 1 Commissioner is a Democrat.
• The County Judge is also a Democrat.
• The County Judge has an equal vote to everyone else, so, it’s 3 R’s vs 2 D’s.
•BUT… 2 of the 3 Republican Commissioner seats are up for election in 2022.
• The County Judge seat is also up for election this year.
IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO VOTE THIS YEAR.